Tuesday, June 26, 2007

KK Trip *4*

Day4: We’re the champion~!!

Kia-su team like us.. normally climbers will start climbing at 230-3am.. but we requested to start at 130am!! Haha.. we wanted to do so because (I think):
1) we have enuf time to climb slowly but still can arrive in time to see sunrise..
2) no need to give way to other climbers as this can be considered extra movement/stop for us, gotta maintain our stamina..
3) have more oxygen to breathe in..
Our guides were so nice and they agreed with our plan without extra charge.. he claimed that we were the “special team” that they ever had..

Heard KE n HH woke up at 12stg.. pai se, I woke up at 1am.. felt well recharged, luckily I took panadol and applied counterpain.. haha.. brushed up with very hot de hotwater + very cold de coldwater.. (kek hei with this).. after brushed up, every1 guai-guai sat at round table and the guide had ready the boiled water for us..

Actually the café closed at 8pm and only re-open at 2am.. so the guide helped us to purchase gas and boiled water for us to have our breakfast (Maggie + 3in1 drink).. see, we’re just too lucky to have them as guides~ !! other teams woke up earlier but they dun hav boiled water for breakfast and have to wait until 2am…

Abit delay, 140am.. we put on our headlights/torch lights (rmb to buy LED one).. the thermometer red 9.6 degree Celsius.. it’s drizzle outside.. guides gave a short briefing.. “it’s was heavy rain last nite and we worry that you guys journey today will be tough!!”.. what a bad news… anyhow, we started our journey to peak~!! 2.72 KM to go~, Ganbatte!!!

We’re surrounded by darkness.. The stars shining brightly in the sky.. The road was quite wet, more rock than soil… about 300m walked.. the guide unlocked the gate (he grabbed the key in advance).. the trail started with staircases… now I wanna introduced “my hero of the climb” officially – Mr Apak!!

Mic was the most fit to lead us.. followed by CM.. then Apak was taking care of me.. u know, Leo + Leo = wan face = sure can reach peak = perfect combination of the climb (started my horoscope theory again.. haha).. then KE with HH.. Fen v ST n Sophia n Zk.. guides at the back to make sure no one left behind..

The slope of the road (granite) go steeper and steeper.. we need to grab the rope for assistance.. the most dangerous 250m slope, it’s almost 80 degree.. we had to crawl like spiderman ;p;p;p.. but LUCKily, the rock/granite was dried by wind.. so it’s not as slippery as expected ^^

Very fast we arrived Sayat-Sayat hut, the last hut to rest and have our water bottle refilled.. also the last washroom.. all climbers have to register at this check point for safety precaution.. the person-in-charge will jot down climbers’ climbing time from this point to peak n return.. have to maek sure everyone’s name is correct once more so that successful climber can receive their cert at Kk Park HQ later…

Climb climb, stop stop.. kept ‘manja’ my hero to stop for rest as I felt bit hard to breathe.. need more deep-breathes.. forgive me la, I so heavy, my knees need to rest also ma.. pity apak also, have to drag me up for some steep big rocks =)).. CM, Apak n me even lied down on rock and enjoyed the sky which was fully occupied by blinking stars.. the feeling was just no words can explained.. syok x100000000~!!! Cold cold rock ease the tiredness of backbone, cold cold wind made us felt sleepy.. again, we were lucky as the wind not too strong and we still able to continue climbing..
“why no moon one?” I asked.
“coz today chu1?” hero simply answered (luen ngap)...
[cut in: after back in Pg, I found that it’s really chu1 that day, wakakkakaaa.. ]

3hrs passed without any noticed.. turned and looked back.. saw a lot of blinking torchlights coming up in a line.. like snake.. haha.. bit scared coz the road looked very steep, I scared I fall/roll down.. haha.. the weather was so clear and we could see the lighting from Laban Rata.. felt myself so tiny in mother nature… ishh, my right shoes got wet.. freezing my foot >.<

The last hour before arrived the peak was the most tough for the climb.. basically is psychology problem.. as we could felt the oxygen go thinner n thinner, we could see the flat ground at the end of this slope.. we wish to reach faster.. but the route like fooling us.. the two peaks were so near in front of us but was like walking on never-ending road.. the route goes with a big ‘S’ shape which lengthen our journey…

16th June 2007, Saturday, 5:35am (0535hrs), hclion on the peak of South East Asia (4095.2m; named Low’s peak; fanny, not ur peak ya..)!!!! Hoo-ray~!!!!!

The sky was still dark, we ngam ngam arrived for the sun rise!!!! Mic 1st, then Cm, then apak, then me, then KE n HH, then ST.. we busy snapped photos than enjoy the sunrise.. ahahaa.. ST said “they might not come up coz no energy edi”.. who? Fen n sophia.. Zk was still with them.. eeee.. dunno what to say... but after a while, I saw fen!!! Sophia n Zk too.. and the guides.. they had made it~!!!!!!!!!! So happy all of us arrived together!!.. we faster took group photos as the area at peak is small and we had to give way for others to take picture as well…

Take note! There is only thin rope linking up the borders or peak and the valley~!!! I tried to look down the valley, guess there is 1000m deep.. so dark.. kinda scary.. I dare not go any step further.. ST and apak did that for the sake of taking nice nice pictures… geng~!!

Descent from the peak.. few metres away.. we stopped for breakfast (energy bar AGAIN!!) and photo session.. Mr. Su & Mr. Pu were so proud of us.. coz they said our team can completely arrived, from Mesilau to peak, this is a record.. most groups didn’t arrived in a whole… at 1st I not so believed but after that heard Weson’s team got 2 girls gave up, then only I believe that…

I dunno how to describe in words.. dunno how to distinguish the difference of clud-sea we saw.. it’s very different at every level for our climb yet all is so the super mega beautiful~!! The plants also soft and pretty.. there is a small wishing pond for climbers to make their wish.. rmb the 62yrs old uncle?? He made it too~!!!! He is much stronger than many youngster~!!!!

About 30mins we spent around the peaks.. we started to descent to Laban Rata.. need to catch up time for our next spot – Poring Hot Spring.. But CM hurt his legs accidentally.. so we took slightly more time to reach Laban Rata.. but, +vely, we had more time to enjoy the scenery and took more pictures.. haha..

Saw fen n sophia played the backward descent method so happily.. I faced the difficulty!! My shoes couldn’t “catch” the rock, too slippery~!! I scared I will fall down, so Mr. Su & Mr. Pu took turns to hold me n we walked down the slope.. ya, WALKED, really deng!! Coz the slope is just like 30-45 degree slope that we actually need not to climb like spiderman just now.. it was too dark and we thought it’s steep.. ishh.. climb till so chi-cham…!!!

Once our team completely arrived resthse, it started to rain again.. we’re really in time, again, hahahaha.. although we already 1hr late from estimated time, still we took a longer break for lunch due to the weather changed. Now, my toes were so so pain.. as well as feet.. guides advised me to change slipper but I didn’t follow, it’s really too cold to wear only slipper~!!

There is one convenient service here, they have a counter sell a lot of things, such as battery, torchlight, stationery, and so on.. most important is they are selling postcard n stamp!!! I read this from someone’s blog, it’s essential for ppl like me who like to send postcard to frens n family wherever I go.. imagine if u receive a postcard from mount KK @3272.7m.. ahha.. same feeling like eating in plane ;p;p;p

After lunch, packed all stuff, wore raincoat.. we started to descent to Timpohon gate while the rain turned smaller at 1030am.. I still able to descent steadily until Layang- Layang Hut with the group… road was slippery as it’s still drizzle.. luckily we bought tongakt with us.. it’s a good support for us on this slippery condition..

And guess what?! We met our classmate!! Who? Yeah~ u’re right, I mentioned his name just now, it’s Weson!! He came with Mai and other frens just for to climb mount KK~.. He so ket, carried a 8kg+ bag with his teammates’ food in it and be the very first to arrived LL~!!! Really like optical trip, trip with 2 groups, ahha.. we stayed there chit-chat for quite long, coz his teammate need those food in his bag n he gotta wait.. anyhow, we left before his teammates arrived..

After the long break, guess my muscle cold down already.. I started to feel the pain from my feet.. this was a suffering experience for me.. because it’s all big big (height) staircases all the way down!!! I had to squat down to go further steps.. and soon my thighs felt bit cramp too.. now I cant live without tongkat..

At KM 3 to KM 2, I really couldn’t catch up my teammates.. left behind alone.. I’m not scared at all but very pain.. guides also very far from me already.. I continued to go down very slowly.. besides the pain, I also scared will fall down as the soil very slippery.. so even have some buffer zone (flat surface), I also walked very slow.. ahha, bo bian, I scared hurt one..

At last, Mr. Pu came back to find me and grabbed my hand to give me support.. the tongkat no longer can help me 100%.. too pain.. maybe I also psychologically think it’s very pain.. haha.. Mr. Pu walked very fast, I needed to catch up his steps.. got a few times I nearly fall down.. luckily his hand is so strong and kept me steady.. ahha.. and he kept encouraging me, kept meantioned that we were the best group…

Finally I met my team back, they waited me for long, pai se pai se.. before they continued, Mic assigned himself to take care of CM and Apak will take care of me.. ahha.. apak, thanks la, no u no me during the climb~!!! Akakkakaaa… I continued 1-guai 1-guai went down those stupid staircases >.<

At last 1KM, there is a 100m huge staircases.. I nearly faint when I saw it.. and Mr. Pu offered to carry me on his back for this 100m.. I felt happy and worried at the same time.. coz he is to tiny.. small size like ah Mai.. how can he carried me??? Anyhow, I agreed with that.. (very sia-suei to mention..haih)..

This 100m, got funny got scary.. funny is, Mr. Pu said I lighter compared to CM and luggage that he use to carry.. he said they alwiz carry luggage more than 80kgs.. ah Mr. Pu, I put on a lot weight already ler.. ahaha… what’s scary??? You know how he went down the staircases???? He JUMPED!!! Walaoe~ I so scared he will fall down..
“Mr. Pu~!! Don’t jump~~ I scared!!”..
“u scared?? Ok la, we don’t jump… we RUN!!!”
Then he directly ran down the staircases with LAUGH.. regardless my scream!!! SIAO~!!!.. but thank him also, my feet can rest a while.. complicated feeling…

Then, Apak be my tongkat until we passed by Carlson’s fall.. Mr. Pu said 15mins more.. for those who went before u might wonder: so near to ending point still need 15mins??.. yea, u’re right, it’s very near.. but.. DENG!!.. all staircases GOING UP to reached the hut!!! 1st time laban rata, 2nd time the peak, now the 3rd time~…*faint*

This time, Mr. Su insisted that I have to finish it myself else he wont sign my certificates.. pek chek.. I climbed like tortoise, maybe slower than tortoise to reached that baka hut~!! It’s already 530pm.. we missed the time to go Poring Hot Spring.. here, my official apology to all teammates, SORRY~!! But KE n Apak consoled me that they arrived also 4stg.. then need to go HQ take cert also cant make it to HotSpring even I reached same time with them.. thanks guys~ (“,)

Then the smart driver parked the van super mega far.. he took us to KK Park HQ which is quite far from Timpohon gate.. We got 2 certifocates (RM12), one for mesilau trail, one for conquered the peak (timpohon trail).. CM bought another cert that certified his participation (RM5).. snapped the last pictures with guides and bid farewell with them.. thank them for their care & help during these days and wish them all the best~ ^^

Lion’s conclusions:
1) climb is easy, everyone can make it, jia-you!!
2) descent is painful, wear better/thicker shoes.. tongkat is important..
3) we’re lucky coz no one met leeches!!!
4) our weather from beginning till end was considered perfect (weson them climb in the rain.. so slippery…)
5) we made it!!! We had a clear vision of sunrise!!!
6) I have staircase’s phobia now..
7) all food is nice after 2 days with ‘energy bar’..
8) will only go again if take helicopter to laban rata n back too!!!

Since the Poring plan had been cancelled, CM suggested we try the chicken-wings (siu gai yek) at Kundasang (correct?? Not sure).. So we went for that.. luckily we did, coz the way back to town took so long, if we didn’t eat that, all of us may have gastric later..

Then we continued our journey back to TrekkerLodge.. the sky went dark very early..and the mist was so so thick.. the visibility was just like 50m or maybe lesser.. BUT the driver drove like roller coaster!! The speed never go down.. although got divider between two directions .. still I scared he bang on vehicle opposite.. really no eyes see.. I slept deadly in van…. Think all of us.. slept deadly.. zzZZzzZzzzzz

After 2hrs+ journey (another record, we slept on roller coaster!!!), we climb again, ya, to the 4th floor dorm… haih.. cant wait everyone to get ready, I slipped out the room and went for a short bath.. they thought I lost my patient and went for bak kut the shop 1st.. ahha.. really understand me.. ahahhaa.. tapi this time salah.. I was in bathroom.. akakkakaa…

After the dinner, everyone was so tired and got ready to sleep… sleep??? It’s only 10stg… Last nite in KK ler.. how can u all wasted it just like that???.. so I busy ‘jio’ them drink beer la, play cards la, chit chat la, yamcha la, play ‘true or dare’ la.. NO one entertain me.. *sob sob*.. (after that only I realized they didn’t have a good sleep at Laban Rata.. ahha, pai se, I slept tightly :”> ).. at last, left apak n me sat outside the room and chit chat till super sleepy only went to bed.. it’s almost 2am edi… zzZZzZzZzzzz

No comments: