Monday, June 25, 2007

KK Trip *3*

Day3: Mount KK (Mesilau Trail)

10~ 10~ 10~ 10~~~!!! It’s the main purpose of the trip~!!! We booked it on Dec 06!! That’s why we didn’t get the direct flight from PG-KK coz the service only available since Feb 07.. our destination today is Laban Rata Resthouse.. estimate time for experienced climbers is 5-6hrs, but for kaki without training like me is 8-9hrs!!

Mesilau is a new, longer but smoother trail, with much better scenery all the way up to Layang-Layang (the point where M trail join back the original Timpohon trail).. we need to climb 6km to reach LL and 2km from LL to Laban Rata Resthse.. ya it’s super long route.. but WORTH IT~!!! Coz Timpohon route is bored coz without nice scenery… also, they (yee hung, alex lim, siek ann) think “I” better use this route rather than Timpohon, else will climb-die-me coz it’s a route with staircases!!! Thx guys…

Still, we very kia-su, once we confirmed that we can do registration at Mesilau starting point, we informed the van driver to pick us up at 530am.. haha.. we crawled out from bed and washed up.. Surprisingly, hostel’s staff still served our breakfast, coz initially they said it’s too early for them.. haha, considered lucky beginning although we bought some bread last nite… ^^

Again, found that travel is alwiz wasting time on distance.. it’s tiring to take 2-3hrs to reach a spot.. my bosy still tired from yesterday’s rafting.. fen n I cant sleep in van.. so we enjoy the sceneries all the way… one more thing, the van’s aircond is natural aircond.. the air was so fresh but cold.. I almost become a lion-stick beside the window~~

The scene changed from kampung to hill.. with moderate speed.. we passed small villages.. some churchs.. think most of Kadazan Dusun ppl also christian, I think.. slowly, our position was higher than cloud and some mountains around.. the ‘cloud-sea’ was so nice!! n we saw the peak of mount KK while approaching Mesilau registration centre.. it’s majestic!! Suddenly felt that I was full of energy!!!

At registration office, we paid for entrance fee (RM3), permit (RM30 for Malaysian), insurance (RM7) and got our namecard (ID card; really go everywhere also got dog-tag, skol, company.. now hiking…) put on.. then hired 2 guides (RM92 each) for our group of 10ppl.. then hired porter as well (rm8 per kg; think the weighting machine bit cheating one, anyway, they worth that price, trust me!!).. visited toilet before the climb.. bought a tongkat (stick; RM3; must buy!! No regrets!!).. briefing with Mr Su & Mr. Pu (our guides, very funny n helpful guys.. lucky ^^).. applied mosquito repellent.. checked the watch, almost 9am.. then 3, 2, 1.. go!!! Jia-you!!!!

Yeah~ fast fast we arrived KM1.. they crazy taking pic all the way while I busy applying counterpain for every stop ;p;p .. then KM2, steady steady, everytime we rest also limited in 3-5mins as we followed Mr. Su’s advice… then KM3… the trail keep going down & down.. more like descent than hike.. Until, fen asked me “why we keep going down geh?”.. then we came to a long long slope that non-stop going up!!! Thanks fen~ >.<

We were fast and went thru 3 KM within 3hrs.. we stopped for lunch at 12stg… ate energy bar, choco, bread and so on… this trail is highly recommended coz almost every 0.5km/1km will have a hut, with toilet and water to refill (untreated water, take at ur own risk ;p).. with cozy weather.. can slowly walk and breathe in fresh air…

Coz my stamina is limited edition compare to others, so I walked in front of group and rest lesser but longer.. hehe.. while waiting them to join me back..
Him:” where r u from?”
Me:”penang.” (some ppl might dunno mainland’s name)
Him:”me too~!! Actually I’m from b’worth.”
Me:”huh? Dun tel me u frm CLB..”
Him:”I am!! How u know?”
Me:”when u graduated from there?”
Him:”1997.”
Me:” u know my sis? Xxx class..”
Him:”haha.. I’m her classmate!”
Walao~!!! What a small world~!!! Haha.. nice to meet u at mount KK, JeeKhai~~

Then, we also met a 62yrs old uncle.. very ket!! His daughter also ket~ as she took the luggage herself!!! Well, our team also got one ket ppl, is KE~!! His bag + gf’s bag = 10kg++.. wat else can I say?? KET!!!!!!!!!!!!

We took 6hrs to reach KM6.. it’s a good progress ^^

From Layang-Layang, the 2 KM left was so chi cham.. all staircases (big rocks).. the distance of each step is quite big.. have to keep bending knee and “pump” urself up.. tongkat is the best mate at the moment.. from here, I started to feel the toughness, my heart beat pump so fast.. this is the ‘kenot-give-up’ stage, coz even u wan give up also too far from starting point edi.. haha…

Luckily, the scene at KM5.. after LL (4km from Timpohon starting point), the trail measurement followed the original trail.. can see the Bonsai plant and cloud-sea and the granite peak~!!! Kah-yao~ kah-yao~.. I told myself!! The wind blow softly and cool cool.. surrounded by thin mist… like the mountain god giving me support.. kah-yao!!!

Up n up, stick with Mic n Apak.. finally we arrived Waras hut (3243.7m), the last resting area before Laban Rata (3272.7m).. Mic n Apak stopped for photo snapping session but I chose to ignore them.. haha.. coz wa memang no more energy, wish I can see the shadow of Laban Rata Resthouse immediately!!!....

15th June 2007, Friday, 6:00pm (1800hrs), I was so proud to arrive here as 3rd person of my team!!! The best climber in family Cheah and family Lion~!!!.. Soon, I found out that they rili ‘wan-ye’.. there are still some staircases before we arrived the resthouse’s lobby, deng!!! There is a thermometer at entrance read 9.7 degree Celsius.. cool cool~.. faster went to check-in at counter..

We got a dorm with 6 beds and a room with 4 beds.. no more staircase for dorm but the room at 1st floor.. I went for dorm, haha… another lucky thing, once my teammates all entered the resthouse, the weather changed suddenly and heavy rain had fallen without any sign.. wah, weather of rain forest really unpredictable~ ;p;p

After the energy-bar day, we purchased dinner at the café.. the price considered reasonable coz the range is expected one.. buffet dinner is RM33.. bee-hun soup, tomyam soup, fried rice n so on are selling at RM14-16.. white rice RM1.50.. milo and other drinks at RM4-6.. hot water at RM1… taste is ok, so worth to pay that price as the porter carried all equipment and ingredient from bottom to cook for us here… I really pui-fok them~!!

Meanwhile, Mr. Zk said one unbelievable phrase:”I dunwan go up to peak liao!”.. walao~~ we expected this phrase from ah fen ler~~.. even HH who was very tired also wanna conquer the mount ler... he kept asking us 1by1 “u wanna go up meh?”.. all the answer disappointed him “of course la~!!”.. akakkakakaaa.. ah fen, steady!!

After dinner, I couldnt stand the sticky skin, so thought of bathe 1st before the 730pm briefing with guides.. what the h*ll?! They only served hot water after 8pm (as well as heater in room).. walaoe.. what a stupid management, all climbers arrived about 6pm.. takkan hav to wait til 8pm only take bath?? Then 9pm sleep? 1am wake up for climb??? Use ur brain la~!!!.. So hard to ready for bath, u know?? the weather is so so cold.. I was trembling inside the washroom.. *skip*.. at last, we all also used wet cloth/tower to clean ourselves only, coz after 8pm also they didnt serve hot water...

Applied counterpain crazily.. I could feel the cold attacking my bone.. effect of counterpain, ahha, u guys dun learn me, it’s a stupid act.. covered myself like a bak-zang and attended the short briefing.. guides said we’re good, coz all of us made it to arrived Laban Rata safely + ‘completely’.. no one hurts.. then they encouraged us to believe in ourselves for tmr’s climb… also discuss about the departure time tmr.. request guide to help us prepare hot water for breakfast.. blab la.. then I dunno what actually happened next, coz I back to dorm, took panadol and sleep directly.. haha..

Storm + Thunder + Lightning outside.. non-of-my-business.. zzzZZzzzzZzzzzzz

No comments: